Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests saving and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server hosted by a web hosting vendor. There are different categories of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's review them. Thus, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to set up a blog, mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service furnished by various vendors, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages frequently include ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally improper explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the workload between different bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web space hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a vast number of images with friends or partners since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your electronic mail accounts. Some corporations provide site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you desire to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and several hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to use as many video files as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular content solely.